Fancy taking one of our classes?
Whether you are looking for a unique gift voucher or wanting to learn a new skill- keep checking back for regular workshop updates!
1-2-1 Private Course
Learn better on your own or in small groups?
One of the easiest ways to ditch plastic is to switch to soap bars and what better way
then to make your own? Find out the secrets and learn how to make soap in the
traditional cold process way.
Upon arrival enjoy a slice of cake and a hot brew whilst we have a chat about how the day will unfold and what will be achieved by the end of the course. We’ll discuss the theory, history and process of soap making and explore the raw ingredients and their properties followed by a step by step demonstration on soap making.
Enjoy a delicious lunch provided by the Urban Bakery. After lunch, brimming with ideas and inspiration the afternoon session is where you put all your theory into practice and get really creative formulating your own recipe using whatever ingredients you’d like such as essential oils, oats, flowers, honey, colours the works!
Whatever you have made is yours to take home on the day- we are happy to post out if more convenient if you’ve traveled far.
10:00 – Arrival – Tea/Coffee & Cake
Morning Session: 10-12pm
- Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
- Sodium Hydroxide and Safety
- Preparation of molds and molding options
-Calculating the capacity of your chosen mold & using the Soap Calculator
-Using additives in soap such as flowers, seeds, oats, oxides, herbs, spices and clays
- Colouring your natural soaps
- Adding nutrient oils for various skin conditions
- Blending pure essential oils for fragrance and therapeutic properties
- Mixing, pouring, cutting, curing and storing your finished soaps
Lunch: 12:00-12:45 Provided by the delicious Urban Bakery
Afternoon Session: 12:45-4pm
A supervised afternoon of soap making using a variety of oils, fats, butters and nutrient oils.
- Playing with colour, fragrance and experimenting with additives such as poppy seeds, flowers, oats and honey
- Recipe formulation and explanation of the SAP calculator and SAP Values
- Advanced design tutorials
- You will learn how to swirl and layer your soaps in various ways
Prices: £300 (1 person) £500 ( 2 people) £600 ( 3 people) email to arrange dates
Planning a corporate team building exercise or event?
Group Session on Soap Making– Groups of up to 12
£20.00 per person (We come to your venue)
One of the easiest ways to ditch plastic is to switch to soap bars and what better
way then to make your own?
Find out the secrets and learn how to make soap in the traditional cold process way
by watching a live demonstration by Eileen
-Brief introduction to basic history and chemistry of soap making
-Safety around sodium hydroxide
-A chance to pour your own individual bar of handmade soap and to get creative with scents and decorations
Come away with your own bar of soap, a signature bar of Handmade by Nature soap, worksheet and recipe printouts.
email to arrange dates